There is no longer a need to prolong this decision; allow yourself the space and grace to accept quality time for yourself …
Fulfill your dreams by consciously choosing what is right for you.
Hepburn Retreat Centre, Australia
Hepburn Springs Retreat Centre ( www.hepburnretreatcentre.com.au )
Join us for a very down to earth and rustic experience…. in the land down-under!
The Hepburn Retreat Center, located just over an hour's drive from Melbourne in Victoria's spa country, is a Vegan sanctuary for self-care and natural living. Its gourmet Vegan cooking workshops and banquets have been renowned for over two decades … this is a foodie’s heaven!
As a Vegan establishment for over 20 years, guests on this retreat will have a unique opportunity to immerse themselves in the energy and Yogic principle of ahimsa (non-violence). This truly Yogic retreat centre also allows guests to experience Karma Yoga (the act of self-less service).
A wonderful week of holistic Yoga and exquisite food in this quiet, peaceful environment awaits.
Perfect for rest, relaxation, rejuvenation, self reflection and celebration.
Guests will also have the opportunity to explore the local area and enjoy more of Victoria’s famous spa country (including the famous town of Daylesford, only 5 minutes away), local walking tracks and mineral springs are nearby.
In the spirit of creating a deep group connection, the Hepburn Retreat Centre offers shared accommodation with double and single beds.
This down to earth and rustic centre asks that guests bring their own linen:
- bed sheets
- duvet (if desired)
- sleeping bag (if desired)
- bath towel
Guests may also wish to bring an extra blanket as nights can get quite cold in this rural area of Victoria.
The Centre will provide:
- bed mattress
- 1 blanket
Showers and bathroom facilities are communal.
The Hepburn Retreat Centre’s gourmet Vegan cooking workshops and banquets have been renowned for over two decades … this is a foodie’s heaven!
All 3 meals per day are buffet and are included in the package price and all meals are Vegan (cooked and Raw).
- The ultimate gourmet health experience
- All natural ingredients, no animal products used
- Usually seasonal and sometimes local and/or organic and veganic
- Head chef Alexis has been serving his divine food since 1990! He presents a variety of fresh and vibrant dishes, while continually refining the combinations of flavour, texture, colours and ingredients.
- The menu always incorporates a selection of regular favorite seasonal foods, with the vitality of newly created cooked and Raw food dishes.
“You will enjoy the care and attention embodied in this gourmet vegan experience”.
Any food allergies can be listed on the retreat booking form.
The Yoga we teach is a fusion of different styles that we enjoy and that have influenced our personalpractice.
Our classes are for all levels.
Although the Yoga we practice does not belong to one particular school or tradition, we teach a combination of Sivananda, Vinyasa flow, Hatha and the Five Element Form from Tantric Yoga.
We received our teacher certification in Thailand and have taught at renowned Yoga retreat centers in Thailand and India.
We co-instruct our classes, so this is a unique opportunity to experience the combined energy of the masculine and feminine.
Because we co-instruct, we are also able to pay extra personalized attention to our students throughout the class.
Our classes always include breath awareness and Pranayama (breathing exercises).
Our students from around the world have varied in experience and demographic. We have taught Yoga to people on a Detox program, “office bodies”, expecting mothers, 70years + and everyone in-between.
The aim of our Yoga classes is to get people moving, ignite a passion for life, have fun, open the heart and explore the soul!
We are never interested in what the physical body can or can’t do …. it’s all about the flexibility of the heart and mind!
One thing is for sure, you will laugh and be inspired in our class.
SPECIAL RETREAT FEATURES
Hands on cooking demonstration:
Learn how to prepare a delicious Vegan meal from the retreat centre’s veteran Vegan chef.
This truly Yogic retreat centre allows guests to experience Karma Yoga (the act of self-less service) by asking guests to work together and wash dishes after meals. In this spiritually charged environment, what may seem like a mundane task at first, will quickly become a self-less act of giving … and even a meditation if you allow the journey to take you there!
Use of on-site fire pit for retreat ceremonies or group activities
Hepburn Bath-house & Spa:
Group visit to the local and historic Bath-house for a soak in their Mineral Springs pool followed by traditional Australian “Devonshire Tea” - home made vegan scones and tea!
An icon in Victoria’s Spa County, we’ll relax and enjoy the therapeutic wonders of the region’s mineral waters.
Explore Victoria’s Spa Country:
The Hepburn Springs and Daylesford area of rural Victoria is famously know as Spa Country. Why not take advantage of your stay and extend your time to explore this beautiful region… lakes, mountains, walking and hiking trails, hot springs, beauty and healing treatments, food, culture, the arts and so much more!
DETAILS / PRICING
6 days / 6 nights (27th October - 2nd November, 2013)
Inclusive Retreat Price =
Shared accommodation at Hepburn Retreat Centre
$795 (AUD) per person
Deposit to hold retreat space = $450 (AUD) per person.
Full balance is due 30 days prior to retreat start date.
- Opening and closing retreat ceremonies
- Shared accommodation
- 3 buffet meals daily - gourmet Vegan cuisine (cooked and Raw)
- Morning and afternoon tea with fruit or nuts
- Tea available throughout the day
- 5 x 2 hour Yoga classes
- Guided meditations
- Hands-on cooking demonstration
- Group visit to local iconic Bath-house for soak in their Mineral Springs pool followed by traditional “Devonshire Tea” - vegan scones and tea.
- Inspiring and informative talks covering Yoga, Veganism, nutrition, cleansing, thoughts & emotions
- Conscious cinema
- Conscious group activities
- Use of on-site fire pit
- Use of accommodation facilities
- Use of Yoga mat and equipment
** Whilst we encourage guests to participate in all classes and activities offered, they are of course optional.
- Travel costs to Hepburn Springs
- Optional wellness and healing treatments at nearby Spas
- Optional Reiki treatments with Natasha or Luca - or both.
GETTING TO HEPBURN SPRINGS
Hepburn Retreat Centre
9 Lone Pine Avenue,
Hepburn Springs, Victoria 3461
Phone: +61 03 5348 2005
GPS: S 37-18' - 433 / E 144-08' - 501
• From Melbourne-South
Take Westgate Freeway or Ballarat Rd to Western Highway, turn off about 30 Km before Ballarat on C141 to Daylesford and Spa Region.
• From Melbourne-North
Take Tullamarine freeway to Calder Highway and turn off at Woodend for Daylesford
• From Daylesford
Take Taxi, bicycle, drive or walk down the hill to Hepburn Springs. Turn left into Golden Springs Avenue, 50 metres from bottom, opposite Hepburn Bathhouse and Spa. Proceed 100 metres and turn right into Lone Pine Avenue. Hepburn Retreat Centre is at Continental House, No 9 on right behind large cypress hedge.
(Ring V-Line 13 61 96 for travel timetables)
• From Melbourne Spencer St. Rail/Coach Station.
Take train/coach service to Daylesford via Woodend/Ballarat or Castlemaine.
Minimum 2 services /day, approximate 2 hour journey.
Visit Metlink Melbourne (http://ptv.vic.gov.au/) for train and bus times.
Daylesford to Melbourne public transport connections
Bus/train stop locations: Ballan – Ballan railway station, Ballarat – Ballarat railway station, Castlemaine – Castlemaine railway station, Daylesford - Bridport street bus stop. Melbourne – Southern Cross railway station, Woodend – Woodend railway station.
Friday 1st November is the last day of the retreat.
On Saturday 2nd November, guests will enjoy breakfast before checking out by 12:00pm.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A blank notebook and pen - this will be necessary for workshops, presentations and any personal journaling
- Memory storage device (thumb/ flash/ external hard disk drive) so we can give you copies of conscious cinema to take home if you like
- Yoga mats are provided at Hepburn Retreat Centre, but please feel free to bring your own mat if you prefer
- Comfortable clothes for yoga
- Sweat towel for Yoga class
- Swimwear for the Bath-house visit
- Sunblock, hats and sunglasses
- Layers of clothing … days should be pleasant and warm.
- Warmer clothing for the evenings and mornings - jacket, scarf, gloves, etc, for any outdoor evening fire pit ceremonies
- Adaptor / converter (for charging your camera battery)
- A book
- Linen - bed sheets, duvet, sleeping bag, extra blanket (whatever you need to keep warm at night!)
- Bath towel
- Extra bath towel for the Bath-house visit (towels can also be hired for $5)
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Perfume or aftershave
- Heavy make-up (this retreat is about removing masks in order to re-connect with our true selves… let’s remove the most obvious masks first -our make-up!)
- This is a Vegan focused retreat, so please use your discretion …leather jacket and snake skin boots should obviously be left at home!
- Any animal foods
- We encourage people to leave behind their laptop and switch off their cell!
HOW TO PREPARE
Even if you are a Vegan or Raw foodist, it is good to give your body a break and detoxify at least once a year. In order to get the most from your experience, we recommend abstaining from caffeine, cigarettes, alcohol, meat, fish, dairy and eggs, prior to your trip for at least a week, longer if possible. Caffeine in particular (even 1 cup a day) can cause severe withdrawal headaches & we don’t want you to be going through this and miss out on the fun! Please email us if you have any questions on how to ease into the process. It is so worth the effort, you will feel rejuvenated…guaranteed!