6 days/ 6 nights
Price starting from $1,830 (AUD) per person
Arrival time: Saturday 31st August (11:00am)
Bimini is a magical, sacred place … the likes of which has not been seen since the times of Atlantis.
Atlantis Rejuvenation Center
See this link for a video on what a magical day on your retreat at The ARC on Bimini, Bahamas might look like …
The Atlantis Rejuvenation Center (http://www.atlantisrejuvenationcenter.com/index.html) has several options for accommodations. Whether you want beach-chic communal living or five-star luxury suites, they've got you covered.
Stay at the ARC: Our experience in running retreats has proved that this sharing of space and extra time together can lead to a deeper sense of a communal experience with deep new friendships formed. At The ARC you will find:
- Same-sex dorms, 10 beds for women and 8 for men, all built for our space and adult-sized.
- Shared bathrooms, outdoor showers coming soon!
- A HUGE patio on the water, so you can enjoy the water and stars (and sunrise) as soon as you wake up.
- Outdoor and indoor dining overlooking the bay. The ARC has the best sunrise views overlooking the bay and is a two minute walk from thebest beach on the island with stunning sunsets.
Privacy at the Resort: Just down the road is Bimini Bay, a five-star resort with en-suite facilities. For those who value private accommodations, and are happy to pay for them, there are private studios for one or two people, or condos with one or two bedrooms. Bimini Bay is just down the road and you can rent a golf car or bike for transportation between the resort and The ARC.
The ARC serves organic, cooked and Raw Vegan gourmet meals. This is a place for detoxifying the mind, spirit and body, and guests are fed accordingly. If you are new to living foods or plant-based nutrition, please know that the food is delicious, and you will feel great.
These are some examples of meals served at The ARC:
Veg Florentine, Savory Breakfast Crepes, Fresh fruit, Chia pudding, Sprouted oatmeal, Pancakes, Smoothies/Juices, Granola
Lunch or Dinnner:
Spanish sun burgers with roasted red peppers, manchego-style "cheese" and veggie "fries", Broccoli-pesto lasagna, Cous-cous stacks with veggies and sundried tomato “yogurt” sauce, Sprouted, deep-dish, make-your-own pizza with pepperoni and veggies, Angel hair Ortolano with fresh herbs and veggies
Dessert: (Yes, we’ll have dessert every day!)
Chocolate mousse, Cheesecake bites, Lime-papaya granite, Coconut lemon bonbons dipped in raw chocolate, Cherry-vanilla ice cream
The ARC also has a nice assortment of herbal teas and snacks- no chance of going hungry!
If you are familiar with this type of food, please note that The ARC does not use an over-abundance of nuts. They use nuts to add richness, but the base of each meal is fresh fruits, vegetables and sprouts.
Any food allergies can be listed on the retreat booking form.
The Yoga we teach is a fusion of different styles that we enjoy and that have influenced our personal practice.
Our classes are for all levels.
Although the Yoga we practice does not belong to one particular school or tradition, we teach a combination of Sivananda, Vinyasa flow, Hatha and the Five Element Form from Tantric Yoga.
We received our teacher certification in Thailand and have since worked in renowned Yoga retreat centers in Thailand, India and Spain as Yoga teachers, meditation guides, Reiki practitioners, Detox Consultants (colon cleansing), Vegan, Raw and nutritional educators, guest liaisons, and kitchen hands.
We co-instruct our classes, so this is a unique opportunity to experience the combined energy of the masculine and feminine.
Because we co-instruct, we are also able to pay extra personalized attention to our students throughout
Our classes always include breath awareness and Pranayama (breathing exercises).
Our students from around the world have varied in experience and demographic. We have taught Yoga topeople on a Detox program, “office bodies”, expecting mothers, 70years + and everyone in-between.
The aim of our Yoga classes is to get people moving, ignite a passion for life, have fun, open the heart andexplore the soul!
We are never interested in what the physical body can or can’t do …. it’s all about the flexibility of the heart and mind! One thing is for sure, you will laugh and be inspired in our class.
DETAILS / PRICING
6 days / 6 nights (31st August - 6th September, 2013)
Inclusive Retreat Price =
$1,830 (AUD) per person
Includes $1,545 retreat cost + $285 return charter flights to Bimini
Staying in Shared Accommodation at The ARC
$2,685 (AUD) per person
Includes $2,400 retreat cost + $285 return charter flights to Bimini
Staying in a Shared Room at Bimini Bay *
$3,085 (AUD) per person
Includes $2,800 retreat cost + $285 return charter flights to Bimini
Staying in a Private Room at Bimini Bay *
Deposit to hold retreat space and charter flight seat = $785 (AUD) per person.
Full balance is due on 27th July 2013, 35 days prior to retreat start date.
* Daily golf car hire (approx $90 AUD) to commute to and from The ARC not included.
Some of the cars seat multiple people, so those staying at Bimini Bay can share the daily cost.
- Return charter flights from Fort Lauderdale (Florida) to Bimini (Bahamas) **
- 3 gourmet Vegan meals daily (cooked and Raw)
- 3 trips out to swim with wild dolphins (option to snorkel en-route)
- Return boat rides for 3 dolphin trips
- 5x 2 hour Yoga classes
- Guided meditations
- Deep Transformational Breathwork group session
- Food preparation demonstration
- Inspiring and informative talks covering Yoga, Veganism, nutrition, cleansing, thoughts & emotions
- Conscious group activities - including opening and closing retreat ceremonies
- Use of venue facilities
- Use of Yoga mat and props
NOTE: Whilst we encourage guests to participate in all classes and activities offered, they are of course optional.
** To make your overall experience as easy and stress free as possible, we have included the charter flight at the cost price of $285 in the overall retreat price so that you don’t have to worry about booking your own flight to and from the island, or concern yourself with paying upon arrival. If you were to take a similarly priced United Airlines flight to Bimini, you would arrive mid afternoon and miss out on lunch and much of the 1st retreat day. The charter flight option means a lower group rate plus you get a full 6 days on the island.
- Travel costs to the charter pickup point
- Land and water taxis from the airport on the island to The ARC and return *
- Bahamian departure tax *
- Optional healing treatments
- Any additional taxis you wish to take on the island will cost approximately $10
* These additional costs should total approximately $55. Of course prices are subject to change without notice, so please make sure you bring enough money with you to cover these costs. There is an ATM on the island, but we recommend you bring enough cash with you to cover transportation costs, any healing treatments you may wish to book and any shopping you would like to do. The Bahamian dollar is interchangeable with the American dollar.
Please visit The ARC’s FAQs for more information….
GETTING TO BIMINI
For your convenience, we have arranged a charter flight for retreat guests that leaves for Bimini from Fort Lauderdale. Bimini is just 50 miles off the coast of Miami and Fort Lauderdale, so you can fly to either city as there is a shuttle between the two international airports. To ensure comfortable travel time, you may consider to stay a night in Fort Lauderdale the night before the retreat begins. The ARC recommends The Bahia Mar Hotel. You will need to make your own reservation if you choose this option. http://www.bahiamarhotel.com/
On the first day of the retreat (Saturday 31st August) all retreat participants will make their own way to the charter flight departure point for Island Air Charters (Sheltair FBO facility -formerly known as the Jet Center- on the west side of the Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport).
Click here for directions http://www.islandaircharters.com/location.html
The charter flight leaves at 10:00 am.
You MUST check in not later than 9:00am - 60 minutes prior to the departure time (due to U.S. Government reporting requirements, late arrivals cannot and will not be boarded.)
Please remember to bring your passport!
The flight time is 30 minutes.
Upon arrival at South Bimini airport, a van will be waiting to take us all to a water ferry to North Bimini (very short ride) and then another van will take us to The ARC (or Bimini Bay for those who have booked private accommodation). The trip from the airport in South Bimini to our accommodations is usually less than 30 minutes.
The reverse of Getting To!
On the final retreat day (Friday 6th September) all guests must check out by 11:00am.
We will make our way to South Bimini Airport to check in by 12:00pm for a 1:30pm flight departure back to Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
WHAT TO BRING:
- A blank notebook and pen - this will be necessary for workshops, presentations and any personal journaling
- Memory storage device (thumb/ flash/ external hard disk drive) so we can give you copies of conscious cinema to take home if you like
- Yoga mats are provided at the ARC, but please feel free to bring your own mat if you prefer
- Comfortable clothes for yoga
- Sweat towel for Yoga class
- Sunblock, hats and sunglasses
- A bathing suit or two
- Whatever warm-weather clothes you like to wear
- Adaptor/ converter (for charging your camera battery)
- A book
- You may want to bring something warm for the plane and airport
* Please make sure your luggage does not weigh more than 40 pounds - this is the charter flight requirement.
WHAT NOT TO BRING:
- Perfume or aftershave
- Heavy make-up (this retreat is about removing masks in order to re-connect with our true selves… let’s remove the most obvious masks first -our make-up!)
- Any animal foods
- This is a Vegan focused retreat, so please use your discretion …leather jacket and snake skin boots should obviously be left at home!
- We encourage people to leave behind their laptop and switch off their cell!
(See The ARC’s FAQs for more - http://www.atlantisrejuvenationcenter.com/faqs.html)
HOW TO PREPARE
Even if you are a Vegan or Raw foodist, it is good to give your body a break and detoxify at least once a year. In order to get the most from your experience, we recommend abstaining from caffeine, cigarettes, alcohol, meat, fish, dairy and eggs, prior to your trip for at least a week, longer if possible. Caffeine in particular (even 1 cup a day) can cause severe withdrawal headaches & we don’t want you to be going through this and miss out on the fun! Please email us if you have any questions on how to ease into the process. It is so worth the effort, you will feel rejuvenated…guaranteed!